Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Watch out MLB, the SD Padres will be up and running in no time...

Hey guys,
So today as I was perusing ESPN.com, I can across one of the headlining stories about the MLB and the ranking of the farm systems. For those of you who are unaware, the farm system refers to the minor league teams of a professional team. Being a native San Diegan and a lifelong Padres and Chargers fan, I am used to being disappointed with my teams. I am used to them getting into the playoffs and then choking, or in a situation like this year, not getting in to the playoffs at all. Thus, you can imagine my excitement when I saw that the San Diego Padres have the number 1 ranked farm system in the MLB. Of course we may not be a competitive team for the next few years, but the possibility of hope in the future is one that I will hang on to for dear life. According to Keith Law, the writer of this article, the Padres will be a force to be reckoned with in two or three years. That is something that I am okay with. I am alright waiting for success and I am very excited for it to come.
Here is the article in case you guys are interested. Unfortunately, you have to be an insider to read the article in its entirety (thanks to my brother for signing into his on my computer) but it is a good article nonetheless.
Go Padres and Go Blue!
Haneen

No comments:

Post a Comment