Thursday, March 22, 2012

Derek Fisher and the Hunger Games


This seems like a crazy topic, but let me explain how it is that I see these things similarly. For those of you who don’t know yet Derek Fisher, a 5-time LAKER champion and veteran, was traded to the Rockets on March 15. He was then released by the Rockets and as of today is signing with the Oklahoma City Thunder. Now, Derek Fisher is old. I mean he is still arguably a great player and definitely a great team leader. However, his run for another championship is not over. I mean anyone who ever has been/knows a real laker fan will know that Derek Fisher is and always will be a laker. He has a special place in all of our hearts. Especially after this….
So why does he keep playing? And even worse, sign with a conference rival team. The truth is that as a person, we all know that Fisher is faithful to Los Angeles and to his fans. But as an athlete he is out to win, to reach the end goal of the game, which is a championship.
I see a situational similarity between him and Katniss Everdeen. She does have feelings for Peeta that she has to try and contain all throughout the games. Her end goal is always to win and it never crosses her mind that she can sacrifice herself in order to save someone eles whom she does care about. I mean, im not sure that winning a championship is similar to living. But, it is cool to see similarities in circumstances just in different proportions. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hunger_Games

No comments:

Post a Comment