The comments. Honestly, they're mostly bullshit, based on what I've seen/read. All people do, is try to get points for their comments. There's so little passion, or excitement, in so many of these comments, it's ridiculous. And I'm guilty of it too. Pretty sure we all are.
All of these comments follow the same format:
- I agree, or I disagree with what was written in 'your' blog post. May not be these exact words, but the comment follows this format.
- Some random reason as to why you think this way, or some thought of yours that relates to the blog.
- Some explanation (sometimes) as to this reason or thought.
These comments aren't really worth anything. Both because sometimes, the post creator doesn't care, or the comment creator doesn't care about what they wrote. Or both.
So..what's the point? Just faking interest, writing form-type comments, just to get points.
..This whole thing is sort of pointless. If you're really passionate about blogging, or the comments you make, people will be able to tell. I can't.
This is probably going to be my last post. Whatever.
This is probably going to be my last post. Whatever.
Hey,
ReplyDeleteI partially agree with you on this one and I understand where you are coming from(Check: point one;)) BUT, I do think that posting blog comments is worth something. Even though they all follow the same format, I've read a lot of interesting blog posts that made me think about the material in a different way. off course there are people who just post because they have to, but some people really do their best to contribute something to what is being said in the blogpost. Although I am not a really passonate blog commenter myself, some people are and although their comments all follow the same format, they do add something valuable. And these 'passionate blog commenters' make people like me more critical readers.
Joelle van den Meiracker
I think this post is hysterical AND could't be further from the truth. This blog is somewhat pointless in my opinion because we just rant about nothing for points, and it gets us nowhere to be quite honest. If there was more of a focus, maybe it could be beneficial, but like you said everyone just agrees or disagrees for a grade. I too, do the same. I don't really have an opinion on most of the things I blog about, yet I want to get a better individual grade...so I do it.
ReplyDeleteI think the point of the system is to force students to read other posts. If the blogging system was optional, a huge portion of the class's intentions would be missed (which I believe is to share interesting topics and creations and thoughts). While it is true a lot of students (including myself) will respond to posts to just get points, at least it shows that we've read your post, and in the end, that's all we can really ask for in a blog.
ReplyDeleteI have noticed, however, that of my posts, those that I wrote that are more niche receive less responses to more general ones or ones that would appeal to more people. This shows that there is a correlation between the blog post and its commenters. So there isn't a flood of commenters that are just willy-nilly commenting all around, they probably do have interest in what you're talking about.
Although I see where your coming from with this post, I think you might be overthinking the idea of commenting on a blog or a post on the internet in general. Most people on "real" blogs, I mean blogs not started out of the desire for a grade, don't have much more intelligent of thought provoking comments than the ones I have seen. If anything, these comments have a lot more content and thought but into them than 90% of the comments I read. Yes there are occasionally some people who can give credible information to help a topic or ask a genuine question, but most people anywhere don't put in the time and effort to even try to come up with something intelligent to say.
ReplyDeleteI agree therefore I will not make this comment any longer
ReplyDelete