This is the only picture I could find but you get the idea
Comparing tennis baseball and freestyle rapping, I can easily see how games evolve. Rules as made up on the go and then are built upon each other until you have a rule for every situation. The difference between tennis baseball and freestyle rapping is that rapping rules and play are made so much faster. A person has to think of what they are going to say seconds before they say it and at the same time that they are speaking another set of lines that follow the same pattern. Tennis baseball can have a stoppage of play to determine what the rule is. Both still accomplish the same thing through a similar fashion, even though one rule can be determined in a matter of seconds and the other through a matter of minutes.
If this doesn't exactly make sense it's probably because I've rambled on too long but I hope you just come away with the notion that the rules of games and how they work can be made up as they happen and aren't always set in stone from the beginning.
Here's some rap freestyle
Just like tennis baseball, these freestyles aren't entirely made up, they use the same background music for another song but change the lyrics just like tennis baseball still uses basic baseball rules but change parts of the game.

No comments:
Post a Comment